Former Premier League striker Chris Sutton has challenged Mohamed Salah to be the difference-maker against Fulham - as he declared the forward is "due a big performance".
The Egyptian has , scoring a staggering 27 times in the top flight to fire his side to the summit. With the Merseysiders currently boasting a 12-point advantage over nearest challengers Arsenal, a victory at Craven Cottage would .
Despite his talismanic performances earlier in the campaign, has appeared more jaded in his efforts in recent weeks after what has been an arduous campaign to date. In fact, represented his only goals in his past six outings in all competitions.
READ MORE:
READ MORE:
The 32-year-old drew blanks in key clashes including both legs last-16 and versus . Now, ex-Blackburn Rovers and Celtic attacker Sutton has called on the Kop hero to find his goalscoring touch in West London this weekend.
Predicting a captivating battle between Salah and , the one-time Premier League victor told : "Mohamed Salah against Fulham's Antonee Robinson will be a key battle, and maybe Salah will make the difference in the end - he is certainly due a big performance."
Moreover, the ex-Chelsea man predicted ninth-placed Fulham will be no walkovers for Liverpool, especially after they earned a 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture at Anfield in December. He recalled: "Fulham gave Liverpool a real test when they drew at Anfield earlier in the season.

"Yes, Arne Slot's side had Andy Robertson sent off early on, but they were already a goal down by then. It took a huge effort for them to rescue a point with 10 men, but they have shown that kind of character plenty of times this season, to get something from a game when they have not played well."
Sutton also pointed to Fulham's spirited showing in a 2-1 loss against Arsenal in midweek as evidence that Marco Silva's side can trouble the Reds on Sunday. He added: "Fulham made things difficult for Arsenal on Tuesday and I am expecting them to do the same here because they are very capable on the counter-attack.
"They might even give Liverpool another big scare here but, with what is at stake, I still think the leaders will be fully focused and get the job done again, like they did against Everton."
Meanwhile, Reds boss following on from his man of he match display at Anfield earlier in the season. He said: "He is definitely a threat. I saw this when Fulham played Arsenal and against us. He is having a great season.”
"The good thing about a left-back who wants to attack is that he takes the risk of leaving Mo in a position where he can hurt you in transition. That has happened multiple times this season. We have to make sure we take care of that part and have a good answer to Robinson. Every team brings you challenges, and Fulham will do so also."
You may also like
Donald Trump says 'only the weak will fail' amid tariff chaos, Wall Street bloodbath
The gorgeous Greek island as beautiful as Santorini but without any tourists
Teen footballer given 'weeks to live' after cancer heartbreak but vows 'I will win this fight'
India promises to support Myanmar towards switch to democratic future
Jeremy Vine accused of making cyclists look like 'privileged idiots' in bus rant