The internet’s strangest political rumor of the week, that Donald Trump had secretly died, was put to rest on Saturday when the President was photographed teeing off at his Virginia golf club.
The internet frenzy
For much of Saturday, Trump was the top trending search on Google and across social media platforms, with phrases like “Is Trump dead?” and “Trump is dead” flooding timelines. The rumors, though baseless, spread rapidly, fueled in part by his recent absence from the public eye and lingering speculation about his health.
Trump’s last major appearance was on August 26, when he chaired a televised cabinet meeting. Before that, he was spotted on August 24 golfing in Virginia alongside former MLB pitcher Roger Clemens.
Health speculation lingers
Concerns about Trump’s health have persisted for weeks after photos surfaced of him with a large bruise on his right hand and visible swelling around his ankles. The White House did not address the images directly but last month released a letter confirming Trump had been diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), a condition linked to age and prolonged standing. Doctors have suggested the ankle swelling may be connected to routine aspirin use.
Adding fuel to the rumor mill, Vice President JD Vance recently told USA Today that he was “ready to step in” if a “terrible tragedy” struck, though he emphasized that Trump remained in “great health.”
Still firing on Truth Social
Despite skipping public events this weekend, Trump has remained active online. Hours before his golf outing, he posted on Truth Social lashing out at a US appeals court for striking down most of his tariffs, a reminder that, contrary to internet whispers, the President is still very much at the helm.
Dressed in a white polo, black slacks, and his trademark red MAGA cap, Trump appeared relaxed as he left the White House with his grandchildren before heading to the links. The White House press pool confirmed his departure in the presidential motorcade at 8:49 am, providing definitive proof that the 47th President is alive and well.U.S. President Donald Trump departs the White House this morning with his grandchildren, en route to the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia, Aug. 30, 2025.
— Nathan Howard (@SmileItsNathan) August 30, 2025
Nathan Howard/@Reuters pic.twitter.com/aIQdB7RrBD
The internet frenzy
For much of Saturday, Trump was the top trending search on Google and across social media platforms, with phrases like “Is Trump dead?” and “Trump is dead” flooding timelines. The rumors, though baseless, spread rapidly, fueled in part by his recent absence from the public eye and lingering speculation about his health.
Trump’s last major appearance was on August 26, when he chaired a televised cabinet meeting. Before that, he was spotted on August 24 golfing in Virginia alongside former MLB pitcher Roger Clemens.
Health speculation lingers
Concerns about Trump’s health have persisted for weeks after photos surfaced of him with a large bruise on his right hand and visible swelling around his ankles. The White House did not address the images directly but last month released a letter confirming Trump had been diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), a condition linked to age and prolonged standing. Doctors have suggested the ankle swelling may be connected to routine aspirin use.
Adding fuel to the rumor mill, Vice President JD Vance recently told USA Today that he was “ready to step in” if a “terrible tragedy” struck, though he emphasized that Trump remained in “great health.”
Still firing on Truth Social
Despite skipping public events this weekend, Trump has remained active online. Hours before his golf outing, he posted on Truth Social lashing out at a US appeals court for striking down most of his tariffs, a reminder that, contrary to internet whispers, the President is still very much at the helm.
You may also like
Panvel News: Seema Tank Resident Files Complaint Against Alleged Illegal Encroachment On Govt Plot By Temple Trust In Kharghar's Sector 16
Boy, 5, in hospital with serious injuries after hit-and-run in Accrington
Bombay HC Issues Notices On Contempt Plea Over Non-Transfer Of 11,203 Hectares Of Mangrove Land To Forest Department
Karnataka Shocker: Father Arrested For Honour Killing Of 18-Year-Old Daughter In Kalaburgi, Body Burnt To Destroy Evidence
Himachal: HC orders govt to take over Sanskrit College staff; slaps Rs 25000 cost on state